BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Omegle: 'I'm being used as sex-baiting bot' on video chat siteon 14/04/2021 at 11:02 am
A user of video chat site Omegle says he was paired with a video bot of himself performing sexual acts.
- Russia to consider Biden plan for Putin summiton 14/04/2021 at 11:01 am
The Kremlin said it was "early" to talk of a meeting, after the two presidents spoke on the phone.
- Stolen Roman statue found in Brussels antique shopon 14/04/2021 at 10:57 am
The headless figure, estimated to be worth €100,000, disappeared from a site near Rome 10 years ago.
- Mayan urn returned to Mexico by Albion Collegeon 14/04/2021 at 10:32 am
The urn, made between 900 and 1600 AD, has been housed at Albion College, Michigan, since 1969.
- Daunte Wright shooting: Police resignations fail to ease unrest over deathon 14/04/2021 at 10:31 am
Protests continue after a Minnesota police chief and the officer who killed a black motorist quit.
- Louisiana ship capsize: Search for survivors from 'lift' vesselon 14/04/2021 at 10:24 am
Rescuers have so far saved six of the commercial ship's reported 18 crew members from the water.
- St Vincent volcano: Island covered in layer of grey as La Soufriere eruptson 14/04/2021 at 9:53 am
La Soufriere, on the island of St Vincent, has been erupting for the past five days.
- Egypt seizes ship that blocked Suez Canal over $900m compensation claimon 14/04/2021 at 9:25 am
The Ever Given's insurers call Egypt's claim "extraordinarily large" and "largely unsupported".
- Niger school blaze: Trapped children die in Niameyon 14/04/2021 at 9:01 am
The fire in Niamey engulfed straw classrooms and those in the nursery could not escape.
- Hundreds test positive for Covid at Hindu festivalon 14/04/2021 at 8:15 am
This comes a day after more than three million Hindus visited the festival as India's cases soar.
- Chinese man kidnapped and killed in elaborate body swap schemeon 14/04/2021 at 7:24 am
The victim was used as a replacement for another corpse, whose family wanted to avoid a burial ban.
- Ludwig Ahgren breaks Twitch subscription record after 31-day stinton 14/04/2021 at 6:39 am
Ludwig Ahgren has more than 282,000 paying subscribers after a month-long Twitch ‘subathon‘.
- NZ to launch world-first climate change ruleson 14/04/2021 at 5:21 am
New Zealand wants it financial firms to be more upfront about climate risks when investing and lending.
- Afghans face pivotal moment as US prepares to 'close the book'on 14/04/2021 at 4:24 am
Could the US decision to pull its troops from Afghanistan by 11 September lead to civil war?
- Neighbours: Actress Sharon Johal also alleges racism on soapon 14/04/2021 at 3:15 am
Sharon Johal says she faced taunts and mockery of her Indian background from other castmates.